Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shepherds Pie

My mother in law who lived the first 20+ years of her life in Ireland said she had never had Corned Beef and Cabbage. So in our family, we have Shepherds pie for St. Patrick's Day. I use my mother in laws recipe:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef browned
1/2 bag frozen peas
1/2 bag frozen corn (I used a can of corn)
1 pkg brown gravy mix
3-4 carrots peeled and chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1/4-1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
Combine all of the above ingredients and spread in a 9X13 pan.

Cook and mash 7-8 small potatoes with salt, pepper, milk and butter. Spread this on top of the meat mixture. I used my cake decorating tips and piping bag to pipe potatoes around the edges. My husband says the Irish do NOT make it like that! Add Cheese to cover the top.Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment