Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nautical Card

I found this on Capture the Moment:

Wave_edge_2 So for my project today, I thought I would marry the two and create a fun project that could be used for a new male addition to the family! I knew I wanted to do something a bit different with my kraft card base, so I cut a wave edge to the front cover. The interior of the card is lined with one of Melissa's new papers. Just divine!!!
...........................................................................................
Tracing_edge_onto_red I wanted to create some pop to define the wave edge, so I cut a piece of red cardstock, inserted it in the card and traced the edge of the card front with pencil.
...........................................................................................
Cutting_decorative_edge I was then able to remove the red cardstock and cut along the line with some pinking scissors.
..........................................................................................
Completed_card_base When the red cardstock was adhered as a lining on the back of the cover, the edges lined up perfectly!
..........................................................................................
Boat_image_detail Included in the new Men of Life set are many bits & pieces to allow you to do your very own boat building! Fun stuff! I used the sail outline image, heat embossed with white embossing powder onto spring rain cardstock (more about that later this week!). The boat base was stamped in dark chocolate ink onto kraft cardstock. All of which were cut out and matted with a white circle. A bitty red flag was cut from red cardstock as a finishing touch.
.........................................................................................
Nephew_card_2 Here's the completed card. I love the pops of red paired with the light blue. They are just such a great color combo. I know I'll be turning to it more in the future. Notice the rule of three? The pinked edge, the flag on the sailboat and the Nephew block are my three color pops, creating a visual triangle for the eye to follow around the card.
........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment