Monday, March 9, 2009

Movie Gift Tote

This girl is mega talented!

Even a $10 gift can get us 3 movies :D Upon receiving such a gift I thought about a fun way to GIVE a gift like that, and make it all the more special.

movie-card.jpg

So this recent gift card (as seen here) being my inspiration point-here we go!

movie-kit.jpg

My newest Take Long Tote © template is the PERFECT presentation for a movie night at home!

Being inspired by the gift card packaging, I designed my front & back pockets to look just like a popcorn box! Of course both my pockets each hold a bag of microwave popcorn! You each need your own bag :D Heck they are only 110 calories, so eat up! The yellow filler adds to the design a bit.

Now to decorate my “popcorn box” pockets-I added strips of poppy cardstock, and made a scallop border.

I wanted to add to the popcorn pockets so-I did!

movie-details.jpg

I used the stars from the 2008 Holiday Celebrations and cut them out. the “party time” is from Limitless Labels. I also used these for my candy bars (keep reading).

Now the close up-

movie-tickets.jpg

OK so I wanted to make “tickets”. I used a corner punch for that, and chose to use the Limitless Labels set for my ticket design. The “enjoy is from Mixed Messages.

I used the solid flower from the Remember set, and embossed it with white EP to make is look like a piece of popcorn! I then embossed a spare piece of cardstock, punched out a 3/4 circle, and covered a dimensional for the popcorn center-for a more realistic look! This was a proud moment for me! LOL! I was pretty happy with the outcome! From a flower to a piece of popcorn :D

Now a view from the side :

movie-side.jpg

Drumroll…………opening it up-

Inside we have a gift card to the movies or video store, and 2 wrapped candy bars to match.

You can’t “go to” the movies without popcorn and candy bars right?

open-movie.jpg
I think this is totally cute, and sure to surprise the lucky couple!

Here is a close up of my candy bars-

candybar.jpg

I just created a cute wrapper for them. Nothing fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment