Friday, March 13, 2009

Clear Cardstock

I thought this card was so cool with clear cardstock found on capture the moment:

For my post today, I decided to just show you a few things I created while I was *playing* around and experimenting with this new set. I know that I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of all the possibilities this set holds! But here's a start!

Tulip Trio card

My first project is intended to represent the wonderful feelings we get when spring has finally broken through the doldrums of winter! (I even decided to take some special photos of the project outside with the new green grass and all that spring sunshine!) This card pairs our new color for March, Hibiscus Burst (more about that tomorrow!) and on of last month's colors, New Leaf. The grid pattern on the Classic Kraft cardstock was created with Journaling Lines and Fresh Snow ink.

The transparency card base is made from a new product being released at Papertrey Ink, clear cardstock. Heavyweight 8.5 x 11" acetate sheets will be added to our store on March 15th with the 10 sheet packages retailing for $6. The strength of these sheets allows you to create sturdy card bases with ease. Just use your Scor-Pal to score the center fold repeatedly and you'll see success each and every time!

Tulip Trio closeup

I love how this "tulip trio" stem allows me to mix and match different types of tulips in each of the three appropriate areas. This type of design makes it easy to integrate a different color for each bloom as well. I love how the medium sized polka dot tulip coordinated with my Hibiscus Burst Bitty Dot ribbon (wow, say that five times fast! *wink*)

Tulip Trio interior

For the interior of the card, I repeated the same tulip images and added the "make a wish" sentiment from this set underneath it in Dark Chocolate ink. I am just in LOVE with Melissa's font choices. I think it's fresh and modern and many of them work perfectly with the tulip images nestled above or beside them. Additionally, the sentiments actually inspired the name of the set, because each one begins with the words "Wishing you...". Isn't Melissa so clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment